After spending 3 days in the hospital, we were finally able to come home and take care of Brayden all by ourselves. When we brought Brayden home, he had jaundice and so we were busy going to lots of doctor appts for both him and I. Ben had luckily taken 2 weeks off of work and it was such a blessing because I don't know what I would have done without him there. He literally had to help me do everything from getting dressed to helping me sit up in the middle of the night to feed Brayden. I had a pretty hard time breast-feeding in the beginning. He had a difficult time latching on and then when he was about 4 weeks old I got mastitis (a horrible infection in the breast) I had to have help from my family taking care of my house and Brayden because I could hardly move. And then I continued to get it 3 more times in the next few months! We definitely had some obstacles when it came to breastfeeding but I never game up and I am glad I didn't. Brayden is such a good and calm baby. He really slept through most of the day and we were always fighting over who would get to hold and cuddle with him ( In fact, we still do ) He ate every 2 hours on the dot and would only get up every 3 hours during the night to eat. It is so incredibly fun having him join our family.
Mommy and Brayden
Daddy with Brayden
1st week home
Brayden and his friend Oliver. Oliver is 4 months older.
First bath
Hanging out with friends. Oliver, Duncan and Brayden
Sleeping with dad
No comments:
Post a Comment